- Olive oil cleanser. Great natural oil A to use is olive oil, which works as a natural moisturizer and cleanser, a licensed aesthetician and manager of LeBliss Salon Spa and in Louisville, Kentucky. «Just rub the oil into your skin and drape a warm, damp cloth over your face until it cools,» Crompton says, «then wipe away the excess oil.» Olive oil is a good choice as a cleanser because it will not strip your skin's natural oils, but it will clean your skin, she adds.
- Avocado mask. Creating a homemade mask of avocado is another natural way to soothe dry skin. Crompton suggests pureeing half an avocado and mixing it with a teaspoon of olive oil; you can also add a tablespoon of honey for very dry skin. Apply the mask to your face, leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash it off. Your skin should feel moisturized, but you can double up on the hydrating effects by applying your regular moisturizer as well.
- Olive oil and sugar scrub. Create a naturally moisturizing exfoliating scrub using a combination of olive oil and sugar. Combine ½ cup of sugar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Crompton says. If you want, you can also add an essential oil like lavender, which adds a natural fragrance and promotes relaxation. Gently rub the scrub into your skin, then wash it off.
- Easy oatmeal soak. Adding a cup of oatmeal to a warm bath can naturally rehydrate dry skin, Lopez says. «The oat product itself is soothing,» Lopez explains, and it helps your skin retain moisture from the bath water.
- Oatmeal honey mask. Oatmeal also makes a great exfoliator or mask. Mix together 2 tablespoons of oats with a tablespoon of honey and a dash of water. Crompton suggests warming up the mixture, then rubbing it into your skin. You can use it just to exfoliate and wash it off right away, or leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes as a soothing, hydrating mask.
How to Avoid a Dry Skin Relapse
There are other steps you can take to protect your skin and keep it from drying out. For starters, be sure to make moisturizing a part of your daily skin care routine each day — as soon as you step out of the shower, slather your skin from head to toe with a rich, creamy product (the thicker it is, the richer it is). You should also avoid hot showers, limit baths to 10 minutes, and opt for a mild body wash rather than a drying bar soap. Lastly, boosting your water intake helps hydrate your body and moisturize your skin from the inside out.
For more, you can check: Web Video Production Company